Where to see the issue:
http://test.ao3.org/tags/Testing/works or any other work listing
If you're browsing a list of works, there is no way to skip directly to the newest chapter of a multi-chapter work.
We want to add one.
Where it says "Chapters: [Current #]/[Expected #]" in the blurb stats line, the [Current #] should link to that chapter – so if it's "Chapters: 5/10", the 5 will take you directly to Chapter 5 of the work (http://test.ao3.org/works/###/chapters/###) :
Things that should be true when testing:
1. Works that are "Chapters: 1/[Expected #]" don't have a link.
2. When a new chapter is posted, the chapter count and link update.
3. When the work has a draft chapter, the link goes to the most recent posted chapter.
4. When you use the recent chapter link and get the adult content warning, choosing "Proceed" takes you to the most recent chapter.
5. The link takes you to single-chapter view even if you have your preferences set to view entire work.
Do not merge without either or AO3-5905. These issues should be deployed together following a news post.