Where to see the issue:
http://test.ao3.org/tags/Testing/works or any other work listing
If you're browsing a list of works, there is no way to skip directly to the newest chapter of a multi-chapter work.
We want to add one.
Where it says "Chapters: [Current #]/[Expected #]" in the blurb stats line, the [Current #] should link to that chapter – so if it's "Chapters: 5/10", the 5 will take you directly to Chapter 5 of the work (http://test.ao3.org/works/###/chapters/###) :
Things that should be true when testing:
1. Works that are "Chapters: 1/[Expected #]" don't have a link.
2. When a new chapter is posted, the chapter count and link update.
3. When the work has a draft chapter, the link goes to the most recent posted chapter.
4. When you use the recent chapter link and get the adult content warning, choosing "Proceed" takes you to the most recent chapter.
5. The link takes you to single-chapter view even if you have your preferences set to view entire work.
Do not merge without either or AO3-5905. These issues should be deployed together following a news post.
Posted a work and added a chapter. The work blurb in listings showed 2/2, with a link to chapter 2.
Reordered the chapters, so chapter 2 became chapter 1. The blurb showed 2/2 and linked to the former chapter 2, or the current chapter 1.
We need to expire the cached blurb after chapter reordering.
to fix the issue red mentioned
Retested red’s scenario:
Posted a work and added a second chapter, checked the blurb: 2/2 chapters with link to chapter 2
Reordered chapters, checked the blurb: 2/2 chapters with link to Chapter 2, which linked to the correct, current chapter 2 (formerly chapter 1)
Reused the multi-chapter work from the my previous attempts. The work blurb in listings showed 2/2, with a link to chapter 2.
Reordered the chapters, so chapter 2 became chapter 1. The blurb showed 2/2 and linked to the new chapter 2, or the former chapter 1.