Anonymous works not sending subscription updates
Notification emails for work updates are not sent when a work is in an anonymous collection. Reported by several users on the live site, confirmed via testing on the test site.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an anonymous collection
2. Post a work to the anonymous collection
3. Subscribe to the work (not the creator)
4. Add a chapter to the work
No email is received.
What should happen:
If I am subscribed to the work, I should get an email saying a chapter has been added to the work. The email should list the work creator as Anonymous. (If I am subscribed to the creator, I should not get an email, since this would break anonymity.)
As GoldenFalls, subscribed to one of testy's anonymous works. Logged into testy and added a chapter. Got an update email as GoldenFalls. Looks good!
1) As testy2, subscribed to LadyOscar as a user
2) As LadyOscar, posted a work to the Anonymous collection "Anonymous Aardvarks". Also posted a work not in a collection.
3) As testy3, went to Anonymous Aardvarks and subscribed to the work in Anonymous Aardvarks
4) As LadyOscar, added a chapter to the work in Anonymous Aardvarks
Testy2, subscribed to me as a user received a subscription email for the work not in the collection, but not the Anonymous work.
Testy3, subscribed to the work itself, got a subscription mail for the update to the Anonymous work, with subject "[AO3] Anonymous posted Chapter 2 of An anonymous work to get a subscription email!" and the creator listed as "Anonymous" everywhere in the mail.
Subscribed to an anonymous work by testy: https://test.archiveofourown.org/works/1070766.
As testy, added a second chapter.
Received a subscription email:
Anonymous posted a new chapter of Inspired Work (15 words):
Chapter 2 (9 words)
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: Choose Not To Use Archive Warnings
If I am subscribed to the creator, I should not get an email, since this would break anonymity.
This scenario is also tested by in the same release.
Great – thank you, coaldustcanary!